The H25 series is the flagship of the BEI Sensors product line and was designed from the ground up for the industrial marketplace. The H25 series offers features such as EMI shielding, 40 lb. ABEC 7 bearings, matched thermal coefficients on critical components, and custom high-efficiency optics. The encoder meets NEMA 4 and 13 requirements when ordered with the shaft seal. The H25 encoders are available in absolute or incremental versions, in addition to an incremental programmable option, Model H25 Omnicoder®, which allows for virtually unlimited resolution variations up to 10,000 PPR.
Typical applications include machine control, process control, the wood processing industry, oil-well logging, industrial weighing, agricultural machinery, textile equipment, web process control, robotics, and food processing.
- Shaft diameter: 3/8" (1/2" as special feature)
- Flat on shaft: 3/8" shaft: 0.80" long X 0.03" deep; 1/2" shaft: 0.80 long X 0.04" deep (1/2" shaft with flat must be ordered as special feature)
- Shaft loading: 3/8" shaft: up to 40 pounds axial and 35 pounds radial; 1/2” shaft: up to 90 pounds axial and 80 pounds radial
- Shaft runout: 0.0005 T.I.R. at midpoint, regardless of shaft diameter
- Starting torque at 25°C: without shaft seal 1.0 in-oz (max.); with shaft seal 2.5 in-oz (max.); 1/2" shaft with shaft seal: 3.5 in-oz (max.)
- Bearings: Class ABEC 7 standard, ABEC 5 for 1/2” shaft
- Shaft material: 416 stainless steel
- Bearing housing: die cast aluminum with protective finish; stainless steel (special feature)
- Cover: die cast aluminum; stainless steel (special feature)
- Bearing life: 2 X 108 revs (1300 hrs. at 2500 RPM) at rated load 1 X 1010 revs (67,000 hrs. at 2500 RPM) at 10% of rated load
H25 Optical Rotary Encoders