Introducing Digi-Key's KiCad Symbol and Footprint Library and the KiCad EDA Tool
KiCad is an open source Electronic Design Automation (EDA) tool option that offers the functionality needed for almost any project. Because of its high level of functionality and no licensing fee, its popularity is exploding.
- KiCad is a full feature electronics development application for the design and manufacture of electronics that runs natively on Windows, OSX, and Linux.
- Application suite includes: schematic capture, printed circuit board layout, Gerber file viewer, solid model viewer, and much more.
- Python scripting support for board and footprint library automation.
- Large number of symbol, footprint, and model libraries included.
- Applications and documentation have been translated to multiple languages.
Digi-Key recognizes this trend and we are proud to offer a new KiCad library comprised of symbols and footprints created in-house by our own Digi-Key technicians and engineers.
- Over a thousand useful parts, with footprints associated(atomic)
- Built from the ground up by Digi-Key AEs
- Purpose built by hand and peer tested, no automation here
- Same open source license as KiCad Libraries
- Created with all parametric and ordering information
View our partners' library on GitHub as well.
Are you new to KiCad? You can get the program here.
We are not here to commercialize.
Do you have any questions? The Digi-Key Tech Forum is a great resource to get answers for questions related to tech projects. Digi-Key’s Applications Engineering department monitors this forum and will respond to all unanswered inquiries as best it can.
The library is currently a Beta program. We expect that there are things that can be or should be changed for the better. We would really like to have your feedback! Please feel free to offer any of your own questions, comments or suggestions in the Digi-Key Tech Forum.