ZumLink™ 900 Series Z9-PC/-SR001 Industrial IoT Gateways
FreeWave Technologies' board-level radio modules offer long-range, low-power solutions for remote wireless communication
FreeWave Technologies' ZumLink Z9-PC and Z9-PC-SR001 board-level radio modules operate in the unlicensed 900 MHz spectrum with RF link rates up to 4 Mbps. Enhanced performance by FreeWave’s network accelerators utilizes techniques such as packet compression, packet aggregation, forward-error correction, and adaptive spectrum learning to maximize network throughput, efficiency, and reliability.
ZumLink board-level radios are ideal for integration in networks, systems, and devices used by oil and gas, precision agriculture, water/wastewater, smart cities, and utilities. The modules provide a cost, size, weight, and power (CSWaP) advantage with their small, lightweight form-factor, industry-leading low power consumption, and low-cost integration. Conformal coating is available for applications with salt spray, moisture, dust, and corrosion concerns.
The ZumLink 900 series radio modules are software upgradable to include FreeWave’s IQ application environment, a Linux® based operating system for developing and deploying third-party applications. These applications provide edge computing to improve data visibility without overburdening the network and to enable networking tools such as security and diagnostics. ZumIQ accomplishes this by rapidly modernizing edge equipment and devices.
- Edge computing: software upgradable to include FreeWave's IQ application environment
- Low power consumption: 345 mA at 12 VDC in transmit, 125 mA at 12 VDC in receive, and 110 mA at 12 VDC in idle
- Long range: up to 97 km (60 mi) with a clear line of sight
- Versatile: a single radio can operate as a gateway, an endpoint, a repeater, or an endpoint/repeater
- Selectable speeds: five RF link rates supporting from 115.2 kbps to 4 Mbps
- Industrial-grade: Class I, Division 2 certified and an operating temperature range from -40°C to +85°C
- Secure: SSH, SNMP, 128- and 256-bit AES counter-mode encryption
- Designed, manufactured, and testing in the USA
- Industrial edge computing
- Industrial robotics and machinery
- Autonomous and self-driving vehicles
- Asset tracking systems
- Commercial drones
- Smart construction equipment