LMG1210 Half-Bridge MOSFET and GaN FET Driver
Texas Instruments' driver features adjustable dead-time for applications up to 50 MHz
Texas Instruments' LMG1210 is a 200 V, half-bridge MOSFET and gallium nitride field-effect transistor (GaN FET) driver designed for ultra-high frequency, high-efficiency applications that feature adjustable dead-time capability, ultra-small propagation delay, and 3.4 ns high-side/low-side matching to optimize system efficiency. The device features an internal LDO which ensures a gate-drive voltage of 5 V regardless of the supply voltage.
To enable the best performance in a variety of applications, the LMG1210 allows the designer to choose the optimal bootstrap diode to charge the high-side bootstrap capacitor. An internal switch turns the bootstrap diode off when the low side is off, effectively preventing the high-side bootstrap from overcharging and minimizing the reverse recovery charge. Additional parasitic capacitance across the GaN FET is minimized to less than 1 pF to reduce additional switching losses.
The LMG1210 features two control input modes including independent input mode (IIM) and PWM mode. In IIM each of the outputs is independently controlled by a dedicated input. In PWM mode the two complementary output signals are generated from a single input and the user can adjust the dead time from 0 ns to 20 ns for each edge. The LMG1210 operates over a wide temperature range from -40°C to +125°C and is offered in a low-inductance WQFN package.
- Up to 50 MHz operation
- 10 ms typical propagation delay
- 3.4 ns high-side to low-side matching
- Pulse width: 4 ns (minimum)
- Two control input options:
- Single PWM input with adjustable dead-time
- Independent input mode
- 1.5 A peak source and 3 A peak sink currents
- External bootstrap diode for flexibility
- Internal LDO for adaptability to voltage rails
- High 300 V/ns CMTI
- HO to LO capacitance less than 1 pF
- UVLO and overtemperature protection
- Low-inductance WQFN package
- High-speed DC/DC converters
- RF envelope tracking
- Class D audio amps
- Class E wireless charging
- High-precision motor controls