PN7150 Plug-and-Play NFC Controller
NXP features their PN7150 plug-and-play high performance full NFC solution with integrated firmware and NCI interface
NXP's PN7150 plug-and-play, high-performance, full NFC solution is an addition to their plug-and-play NFC portfolio. This NFC controller, with embedded firmware and NCI interface, takes designs to the next level, with the addition of higher output power, for longer reading distance and smaller antenna size, as well as standard HVQFN40 package, for lower-cost manufacturing. Optimized for fast design-in, PN7150 is accompanied by Linux, Android, and WinIoT drivers and supports the most popular platforms, including Raspberry Pi and BeagleBone Black as well as any boards that feature an Arduino compatible header (Kinetis, LPCXpresso, i.MX boards). Applications include gateways, routers, set-top boxes, audio, home appliances, healthcare / medical, and accessories.
Demoboards for PN7150
Three different demokits make for easy integration of PN7150 into different platforms such as RaspberryPi, BeagleBone Black and any boards featuring an Arduino compatible header, including many LPCXpresso, Kinetis, and i.MX boards. SW drivers enable easy integration into Linux, Android, Windows IoT, and RTOS.
Arduino Header: OM5578 / PN7150ARD is a flexible and easy-to-use PN7150 NFC controller singleboard computer (SBC) kit with Arduino interface board, enabling NFC integration with any boards featuring an Arduino compatible header, including most LPCXpresso, Kinetis, and i.MX boards from NXP Semiconductors. The kit contains a PN7150 NFC controller board, Arduino interface board, and NFC Forum Type 2 Tag.
Raspberry Pi: OM5578 / PN7150RPI is a flexible and easy-to-use PN7150 NFC controller single board computer (SBC) kit with Raspberry Pi interface board. The kit contains a PN7150 NFC controller board, Raspberry Pi interface board, and NFC Forum Type 2 Tag.
BeagleBone Black: OM5578 / PN7150BBB is a flexible and easy-to-use PN7150 NFC controller single board computer (SBC) kit with BeagleBone Black interface board. Kit contents contain PN7150 NFC controller board, BeagleBone Black interface board, and NFC Forum Type 2 Tag.
Features of the PN7150 Plug-and-Play
- Full HW and SW compatibility
- Support for Linux, Android, Windows IoT, RTOS, and NullOS
- Interface to RasperryPi, BeagleBone Black, and all boards with Arduino-compatible headers
- All NFC operating modes
- Read / write mode: ISO / IEC 14443 A and B up to 848 kbit/s, FeliCa at 212 and 424 kbit/s, MIFARE 1 K, 4 K, NFC Forum type 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 tags, ISO / IEC 15693
- All peer-to-peer modes
- Flexible host interface
- Supply voltage: 1.8 V to 3.3 V
- I2C interface: 3.4 Mbit/s
- NCI 1.0-compliant protocol
- IRQ signal for improved synchronization
- Complete, power-efficient NFC control
- RF driver: 3.0 V to 4.75 V, 180 mA max
- NFC forum device requirement: v1.3
- Fully configurable polling loop with low-power mode
- Load modulation scheme: active
- Standard package: HVQFN40
Benefits of the PN7150
- Seamless integration of NFC into any application, especially those with OS systems
- Plug-and-play NFC operation with many platforms, including most LPC, Kinetis and i.MX boards
- All typical NFC use cases, including pairing, personalization, extended user interface, maintenance, and more
- Fast deployment of advanced, fully interoperable NFC functionality, with a lower overall cost