Codey Rocky Coding Robot
Makeblock’s blocked-based and Python programmable STEM robot
Codey Rocky is a powerful entry-level robot that includes a variety of built-in programmable components. The combination of easy-to-use robotics hardware with Makeblock’s software and apps allows Codey Rocky to increase the fun of learning to code with audio and visual effects. Using mBlock with its inbuilt AI and IoT functionalities, users can learn block-based programming before moving on to text-based (Python) programming.
The mBlock software features many powerful functions and programming is as simple as assembling building blocks. Makeblock also encourages the learning process via a series of games at various levels, increasing the user’s enjoyment and desire to advance their skill set. The mBlock software also supports AI functionalities including image and voice recognition as well as deep learning. In conjunction with Codey Rocky, mBlock allows users to learn about the logical thinking and principles behind AI. With built-in Wi-Fi, Codey Rocky allows users to obtain data on the weather and make forecasts; and in conjunction with IFTTT, they can even automate smart tasks such as sending SMS messages.
Connect to the mBlock app (iOS/Android) to learn how to program Codey Rocky. Programming is as simple as building blocks; program games, movements, songs, and actions. Codey Rocky is the perfect STEAM educational robot to learn coding. Makeblock also provides learning resources, tutorials, and creative projects; inspiring users with imagination and creativity. For more professional and systematic guidance on programming, free PBL programming lessons, designed according to CSTA course standards of the United States, are available to users.
Codey + Rocky
Codey is the top part of the robot and also the control hub that provides power. It can be programmed independently and contains over ten programmable electronic modules. Rocky is the bottom motorized vehicle to transport Codey and has sensors for line following and object avoidance.
Programmable components and sensors
- Input: IR distance sensor, IR transmitter/receiver, color sensor, gyroscope, accelerometer, sound sensor, and light sensor
- Control: button and gear
- Output: motors, RGB lights, speaker, and LED screen
- Self-guided step-by-step tutorial in the mBlock app
- See the Python code behind the block code with just one click
- Over 10 built-in programmable modules enable limitless creation
- A host of coding examples are available to spark ideas
- As a bonus feature to show Internet of Things (IoT), Codey Rocky can connect to the internet and retrieve weather information
- IR transmitter/receiver makes communication with multiple robots possible and allows infrared remote control of electrical appliances
- 6-axis gyroscope detects tilts, shakes, and turn angles, useful in designing somatosensory tricks which require tilts and shakes
- Gear knob: adjusts volume and variables
- LED display shows various patterns and RGB lighting effects
- RGB LED indicator can be programmed freely to set the color of the RGB indicator
- Voice sensor detects ambient and motion sound levels
- Light sensor detects the intensity of ambient light
- Buttons are all programmable for customization
- Color Infrared sensor detects colors, avoids obstacles, and calculates distance