Bourns offers its Model SA series of miniature, resettable thermal cutoff (TCO) devices. These are the first of their miniature, resettable thermal cutoff devices that have been designed for surface-mount reflow soldering processes. Miniature resettable thermal cutoff devices traditionally have been used in battery packs that utilize welding for assembly. However, the Model SA series opens these circuit protection devices to multiple applications as they can be reflow soldered onto printed circuit boards.
The Model SA series has current capabilities from 6 A up to 11 A at 60°C and comes in a very low profile package with a maximum height of just 1.09 mm. These devices have been designed to withstand typical humid environments and use a high-corrosion-resistance bimetal mechanism. These SA devices are RoHS compliant and UL recognized. The primary application for these products is battery cell protection in notebook PCs, tablet PCs, and smartphones. However, they can also be used for thermal protection in USB type C cables.
- Formerly a KOMATSULITE™ product
- Miniature thermal cutoff (TCO) devices
- Surface mount
- Overtemperature and overcurrent protection for lithium polymer and prismatic cells
- Controls abnormal, excessive current virtually instantaneously, up to rated limits
- Wide range of temperature options
- Battery cell protection for:
- Notebook PCs
- Tablet PCs
- Smart phones
- USB cable protection for smart phones