BMF055 Multifunction Smart Hub and ASSNs
Bosch Sensortec offers its BMF055 custom programmable 9-axis motion sensor, shuttle board, and breakout board
Bosch Sensortec's BMF055 is an extension of the application specific sensor nodes (ASSN) family implementing a custom programmable 9-axis motion sensor which includes sensors and a microcontroller in a single package.
The BMF055 is a system-in-package (SiP), integrating a triaxial 14-bit accelerometer, a triaxial 16-bit gyroscope with a range of ±2000 degrees per second, a triaxial geomagnetic sensor, and a 32-bit Cortex®M0+ microcontroller from Microchip. At just 5.2 mm3 x 3.8 mm3 x 1.1 mm3, it is significantly smaller than comparable discrete or system-on-board solutions.
By integrating sensors and the microcontroller in a single device, the BMF055 eases the integration process for customers.
- All components in one package lead to simplified system integration and faster time to market
- Footprint is significantly reduced compared to discrete and system-on-board solutions
- Example projects implemented using Atmel Studio© provide a basic setup to quickly get started with the software development
- Integration guideline along with the BSX lite fusion library enables easy integration of application specific software
- Hardware together with the software development package, provides the full flexibility to either integrate additional software or develop application specific sensor fusion algorithm
The Bosch Sensortec shuttle board BMF055 is a PCB with a BMF055 Absolute Orientation Sensor (ASSN) mounted on it. It allows easy access to the sensor pins via a simple socket. Since all Bosch Sensortec sensor shuttle boards have identical footprint, they can be plugged into Bosch Sensortec’s advanced development tools (e.g. the development board or application board). Of course, the BMF055 shuttle board can also be used for a customer’s own implementations.
The Bosch Sensortec breakout board BMF055 is an expansion board for the Arduino platform. BMF055 breakout board can be connected to an Arduino board as a shield.
|Breakout Board BMF055 Includes|