Apex Tool Group’s two-channel hot air and soldering station
Weller expands the WX line by Apex Tool Group with a two-channel hot air and soldering station. The Weller WXA2 rework system delivers unprecedented versatility, performance, power and peripheral management on one single-platform solution. Innovative features on the WXA2 reduce energy consumption, increase the life of the heating element and nozzles, and improve overall safety for end users. The power-sharing feature offers the flexibility to simultaneously operate multiple WX series tools with up to 255 watts of total power output.
- A standby temperature mode to monitor the use of the WXHAP200 hot air pencil and to automatically set the tool and peripheral devices to a lower temperature
- An auto off feature that can also be used to allow the unit to go into a sleep mode when not in use
- Benchtop controller for selected fume extraction and preheaters
- Multi-purpose USB port for firmware updates, parameter settings and data logging downloaded to a USB stick or PC
The WXHAP200 hot air pencil offers 200 watts of power, a 35-second heat-up time, and a full line of hot air (HAP) nozzles for a full range of application solutions.
- Delivers 200° - 662° F (50°C to 350°C) within 35 seconds using an integrated hot air activation button on the handle
- An ESD-safe integrated ionization circuit to provide static-free airflow that will not damage or degrade sensitive components
Accessories for the WXA2 rework system include the WXHP120 pre-heating plate and the WXSB200 solder bath. The WXHP120 pre-heating plate features 120 watts of power to slowly increase the temperature of a printed circuit board prior to rework. The WXSB200 solder bath features 200 watts of power to be used for tinning component leads and removing insulative coatings.