ADIS1636: High Precision Tri-Axis Inertial Sensor
Complete six-degrees-of-freedom inertial sensing systems from Analog Devices
ADI's ADIS16360 and ADIS16365 are complete six-degrees-of-freedom inertial sensing systems. Each contains: a 3-axis gyroscope with ±75°/s, ±150°/s, and ±300°/s range settings; a 3-axis accelerometer with ±18 g range; and a temperature sensor. They provide 14-bit digital data proportional to the angular rate about - and the acceleration along - the X-, Y-, and Z-axes - and 12-bit digital data proportional to the on-chip temperature, power-supply voltage, and voltage at an auxiliary analog input. An auxiliary 12-bit DAC provides an analog output with 2.5 V full-scale range. The devices are fully calibrated for sensitivity, bias, axial alignment, and linear acceleration at 25°C; the ADIS16365 is dynamically compensated from -40°C to +85°C.
Functionally complete, they include programmable self-test, power management, and alarms. All data and commands are communicated via an SPI-compatible serial interface. Operating on a single 4.75 V to 5.25 V supply, the ADIS16360 / 65 consume 49 mA in normal mode, 24 mA in low-power mode and 500 µA in sleep mode. Available in 24-lead, 23 mm x 23 mm x 23 mm compact modules.
- Tri-axis, 14-bit digital gyroscope with digital range scaling ±75°/sec, ±150°/sec, ±300°/sec settings
- Tri-axis, 14-bit digital accelerometer ±18 g measurement range
- Automatic start-up and operation 180 ms start-up time, no external configuration
- Digital filter configuration control Bartlett window FIR
- Factory-calibrated sensitivity, bias, and axial alignment ADIS16360: +25°C ADIS16365: -40°C to +85°C
- Digital bias correction control
- Digital sample rate control Internal clock up to 819.2 SPS External clock up to 1200 SPS
- Standard digital serial interface, SPI
- See data sheet for additional features
- Medical instrumentation
- Platform control