Digi-Key is expanding its extensive 3M value added assembly program with ready-to-install IDC assemblies constructed with the 451 socket series 0.050" pitch (1.27 mm) connector system and the 7700 series 0.025" pitch cable featuring polyolefin (PO) insulators laid in parallel.
7700 Series Cable
Intended for internal high-speed wiring applications where the crucial design consideration is controlled impedance. At gigabit rates, cables can no longer be considered as simple wires, but rather should be thought of as transmission lines. In these high frequency links, the impedance of the signal travelling from the transmitter to the receiver must match to avoid degradation to the signal. 3M's cable 7700 series is a controlled impedance cable rated at 95 Ω (±5). The construction of the cable means wiring harnesses can be folded (to route them through narrow spaces inside equipment and reduce the restriction to air flow) with minimal impact to impedance. The 0.025" cable is constructed using 30 AWG solid conductors and PO insulators laid in parallel. The outer insulation is laminated with a flexible foil covering, giving the cable a distinct shiny silver, ribbed appearance. Solid wire means it can be soldered directly to a PCB. The cable delivers up to 5 Gbps over 1 meter with the 451 socket connectors.
The ribbon cable wire-mount socket assembly, 451 series, 0.050" pitch from 3M offers a robust and extremely space-compact cable-to-board connection solution with the following performance options:
- Fine pitch delivers high connection density in a very small space
- Beryllium copper (BeCu) contacts provide low stress relaxation, good overall reliability, and long service life
- 30 µ" gold (Au) and Au flash available plating versions offer multiple mate/unmate cycle option levels at different price points
- Available friction latch configurations enable increased protection against accidental disconnect when using a box header
- Optional strain relief accessory provides additional security to help guard against damage when users pull on a terminated cable
Digi-Key can offer you a quote on your secondary services. For more information on 3M available options or if you need assistance, contact CustomCut.3MProducts@digikey.com. Please send outline dimensional drawings to the aforementioned e-mail address.
Custom Cable 7700 Series Part Number Breakdown
7700 Controlled Impedance Cable Assemblies