LMG1020 5 V, 7 A/5 A Low-Side GaN Driver
Texas Instruments' LMG1020 gate driver with 60 MHz/1 ns speed for GaN and logic-level silicon power transistors
Texas Instruments' LMG1020 device is a single, low-side driver designed for driving GaN FETs and logic-level MOSFETs in high-speed applications including LiDAR, time-of-flight (ToF), facial recognition, and any power converters involving low side drivers. The design simplicity of the LMG1020 enables extremely fast propagation delays of 2.5 nanoseconds and minimum pulse width of 1 nanosecond. The drive strength is independently adjustable for the pull-up and pull-down edges by connecting external resistors between the gate and OUTH and OUTL, respectively.
This driver features undervoltage lockout (UVLO) and overtemperature protection (OTP) in the event of overload or fault conditions.
The 0.8 mm × 1.2 mm WCSP package of LMG1020 minimizes gate loop inductance and maximizes power density in high-frequency applications.
- Low-side, ultra-fast gate driver for GaN and silicon FETs
- 1 ns min. input pulse width
- Up to 60 MHz operation
- 2.5 ns typ., 4.5 ns max. propagation delay
- 400 ps typ. rise and fall time
- 7 A peak source and 5 A peak sink currents
- 5 V supply voltage
- UVLO and OTP protection
- 0.8 mm x 1.2 mm WCSP package
- ToF laser drivers
- Facial recognition
- Class E wireless chargers
- VHF resonant power converters
- GaN-based synchronous rectifier
- Augmented reality