Terasic’s platform is designed to speed up the development of intelligent automation
Terasic's HERO, a cutting-edge heterogeneous system platform solution with ultra-low power consumption and transcendent performance, is designed to speed up the development of intelligent automation, such as medical robots, industrial production robots, and autonomous vehicles. An environment of automation, human/robot interaction may soon become a reality.
HERO (heterogeneous extensible robot open platform) combines an Intel® 7th Gen Core™ i5-7600T CPU system with the Arria® 10 GX FPGA accelerator into a compact system of 177 mm x 135 mm x 76 mm size. The CPU system provides a powerful development environment and a variety of general interfaces. It can communicate with the FPGA card through the high-speed PCIe interface, an advantage that allows the FPGA card to accelerate the performance of various user applications. The rich interfaces (such as GPIO, USB, SPI, mesh, CAN, etc.) on the FPGA accelerator allow users to connect to other systems or sensors for expansion purposes.
HERO fully supports Intel OpenVINO™ toolkit to provide optimal computer vision and deep learning solutions. TensorFlow, MXNet, Caffe, and other mainstream learning architectures are supported by HERO too. Clients' systems can achieve high computing performance at a low cost for the AI applications; moreover, heterogeneous execution of the edge to the cloud with HERO can be easily implemented.
- Intel Core i5-7260U/Intel Core i7-7567U (according to the customer's order request)
- 8 GB DDR4-2133 SO-DIMM and 256 GB SSD for storage
- One USB Type-C port, supports Thunderbolt 3, USB 3.1 Gen 2, and DP 1
- Intel Arria 10 GX 10AX115S2F45I1SG device with 1150K logic elements
- 2 GB DDR4 SDRAM (64-bit databus at 1200 Mbps) plus 256 MB Flash
- Peripheral interfaces: USB 3.0/2.0/Gigabit Ethernet/UART/GPIO/CAN
- Connects to the host development computer via PCIe Gen3 x4 interface
- AI and deep learning
- Application development of the medical/service robot
- Automated vehicle application for specific scenarios
- Data center acceleration
- Hardware security solution and gateways