MIKROE-2937 Temp-Hum 3 Click board™
MikroElektronika’s MIKROE-2937 smart environmental temperature and humidity sensor features Texas Instruments' HDC2010 sensor
The MIKROE-2937 Temp-Hum 3 click from MikroElektronika is a smart environmental temperature and humidity sensor click board. Packed with features that allow easy and simple integration into any design, it offers accurate and reliable humidity and temperature measurements. The sensor IC has integrated sensing elements placed on the bottom of the die, so they are not directly exposed to environmental contamination, which translates to a prolonged life of the click board itself. All these features make Temp-Hum 3 click a perfect solution for a wide range of applications that depend on accurate temperature and humidity readings.
Texas Instruments' HDC2010 is an integrated humidity and temperature sensor that provides high accuracy measurements with very low power consumption in an ultra-compact wafer level chip scale package (WLCSP). The sensing element of the HDC2010 is placed on the bottom part of the device, which makes the HDC2010 more robust against dirt, dust, and other environmental contaminants. The capacitive-based sensor includes new integrated digital features and a heating element to dissipate condensation and moisture. The HDC2010 digital features include programmable interrupt thresholds to provide alerts/system wakeups without requiring a microcontroller to be continuously monitoring the system. This, combined with programmable sampling intervals, low inherent power consumption, and support for 1.8 V supply voltage, make the HDC2010 well suited for battery-operated systems. With its low power consumption and programmable interrupt events capability, the MIKROE-2937 click is a perfect choice for various temperature and relative humidity based IoT applications, such as smart home applications, smart thermostats, gas sensing, smoke and heat sensors, and similar.
Example Code: MIKROE-2937 Temp-Hum 3
- Type: temperature/humidity
- Applications: environmental monitoring, home automation, weather stations, HVAC systems, wearables, various IoT applications, and others
- On-board modules: digital HDC2010 low power humidity and temperature sensor
- Key features: the click board measures the relative humidity range from 0% to 100%, it has humidity accuracy of ±2%, and it features an integrated heating element, used to evaporate condensation, smart sensor IC design, and low power consumption.
- Interface: I2C
- Input voltage: 3.3 V or 5 V
- Click board size: S (28.6 mm x 25.4 mm)