Absolute maximum ratings and operating conditions LM139, LM239, LM339
4/19 DocID2159 Rev 4
2 Absolute maximum ratings and operating conditions
Table 1. Absolute maximum ratings
Symbol Parameter Value Unit
VCC Supply voltage ±18 or 36 V
VID Differential input voltage ±36 V
VIN Input voltage -0.3 to +36 V
Output short-circuit to ground(1)
1. Short-circuits from the output to VCC+ can cause excessive heating and eventual destruction. The
maximum output current is approximately 20 mA independent of the magnitude of VCC+.
Thermal resistance junction to ambient(2)
2. Short-circuits can cause excessive heating. These values are typical.
Thermal resistance junction to case(2)
Tstg Storage temperature range -65 to +150 °C
TjJunction temperature +150 °C
TLEAD Lead temperature (soldering 10 seconds) 260 °C
Human body model (HBM)(3)
3. Human body model: a 100 pF capacitor is charged to the specified voltage, then discharged through a
1.5 kΩ resistor between two pins of the device. This is done for all couples of connected pin combinations
while the other pins are floating.
VMachine model (MM)(4)
4. Machine model: a 200 pF capacitor is charged to the specified voltage, then discharged directly between
two pins of the device with no external series resistor (internal resistor < 5 Ω). This is done for all couples of
connected pin combinations while the other pins are floating.
Charged device model (CDM)(5)
5. Charged device model: all pins and the package are charged together to the specified voltage and then
discharged directly to the ground through only one pin. This is done for all pins.