Safety Precautions (Common precautions for Fuses)
• When using our products, no matter what sort of equipment they might be used for, be sure to make a written
agreement on the specifications with us in advance. The design and specifications in this catalog are subject
to change without prior notice.
• Do not use the products beyond the specifications described in this catalog.
• This catalog explains the quality and performance of the products as individual components. Before use, check
and evaluate its operations when installed in your products.
• Install the following systems for a failsafe design to ensure safety if these products are to be used in equip ment
where a defect in these products may cause the loss of human life or other significant dam age, such as damage to
vehicles (automobile, train, vessel), traffic lights, medical equipment, aerospace equipment, electric heating
appliances, combustion/gas equipment, rotating equipment, and disaster/crime prevention equipment.
✽ Systems equipped with a protection circuit and a protection device
✽ Systems equipped with a redundant circuit or other system to prevent an unsafe status in the event of a sin gle fault
(1) Precautions for use
• These products are designed and manufactured for general and standard use in general elec tron ic equipment
(e.g. AV equipment, home electric appliances, office equipment, information and communication equipment)
• These products are not intended for use in the following special conditions. Before using the products,
carefully check the effects on their quality and performance, and determine whether or not they can be used.
1. In liquid, such as water, oil, chemicals, or organic solvent
2. In direct sunlight, outdoors, or in severe dust condition
3. In salty air or air with a high concentration of corrosive gas, such as Cl2, H2S, NH3, SO2, or NO2
4. Electric Static Discharge (ESD) Environment
These components are sensitive to static electricity and can be damaged under static shock (ESD).
Please take measures to avoid any of these environments.
Smaller components are more sensitive to ESD environment.
5. Electromagnetic Environment
Avoid any environment where strong electromagnetic waves exist.
6. In an environment where these products cause dew condensation
7. Sealing or coating of these products or a printed circuit board on which these products are mounted, with
resin or other materials
• These products generate Joule heat when energized. Carefully position these products so that their heat will
not affect the other components (except Thermal Cutoffs).
• Carefully position these products so that their temperatures will not exceed the category temperature range due
to the effects of neighboring heat-generating components. Do not mount or place heat-generating components
or inflammables, such as vinyl-coated wires, near these products (except Thermal Cutoffs).
• Note that non-cleaning solder, halogen-based highly active flux, or water-soluble flux may deteriorate the
performance or reliability of the products.
• Carefully select a flux cleaning agent for use after soldering. An unsuitable agent may deteriorate the performance
or reliability. In particular, when using water or a water-soluble cleaning agent, be careful not to leave water
residues. Otherwise, the insulation performance may be deteriorated.
(2) Precautions for storage
The performance of these products, including the solderability, is guaranteed for a year from the date of ar riv al
at your company, provided that they remain packed as they were when delivered and stored at a tem per a ture
of 5 °C to 35 °C and a relative humidity of 45 % to 85 %.
The performance of Thermal Cutoffs is guaranteed for a year after our delivery, provided that they are stored at a
temperature of -10 °C to +40 °C and a relative humidity of 30 % to 75 %.
Even within the above guarantee periods, do not store these products in the following conditions. Otherwise,
their electrical performance and/or solderability may be deteriorated, and the packaging materials (e.g. taping
materials) may be deformed or deteriorated, resulting in mounting failures.
1. In salty air or in air with a high concentration of corrosive gas, such as Cl2, H2S, NH3, SO2, or NO2
2. In direct sunlight
Package markings include the product number, quantity, and country of origin.
In principle, the country of origin should be indicated in English.